Perspectives Counselling invites you to participate in
October 21-22, 2017
Conversations for Connection
A Relationship Education Workshop for Couples
Based on the book,
Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Contact Information: David Darwin, M.Ed., R.C.C.
250-571-5520, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN CONVERSATIONS FOR A LIFETIME OF LOVE
This educational group is based on Dr. Sue Johnson’s best-selling book, Hold Me Tight. This book guides couples through important conversations to help you build greater connection, trust, and intimacy. This course will help you and your partner:
1. Better understand how you get caught up in tension and negative patterns.
2. Reclaim your relationship from these patterns of distress that get in the way of intimacy.
3. Enhance communication and intimacy.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
“Hold Me Tight” groups are open to couples in which both partners are committed to working on the relationship.
• Tired of experiencing so much conflict in your relationship?
• Feeling less connected than you would like to be?
• Hoping this intensive experience may help you shift old patterns?
Relationships that include physical or emotional abuse, or in which one or both partners suffer from significant mental health problems are better supported in couple’s therapy. For help in determining if this course is right for you, ask your current therapist or call to arrange a meeting with me.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THIS COURSE
All participants will be asked to read several chapters from Hold Me Tight prior to attending the course.
During the course, you will have an opportunity to:
1) see video footage of other couples navigating many of the same conflicts and struggles that may be familiar to you;
2) talk to other participants who have similar or different coping styles from you and your partner;
3) explore and map out the negative cycles in which you and your partner get stuck;
4) develop new ways of interacting with your partner, and move together toward greater connection and safety;
5) receive support from experienced and caring facilitators.
CLICK ON BOX BELOW FOR VIDEO TESTIMONIALS FROM LAST COURSE